Tuesday, August 03, 2010

Some Shopping Results


So I got to go shopping the other day, and I'm wearing some of the things I purchased!  I took your advice girls when it came to basics for any wardrobe.  Thank you, by the way!


Can you believe I didn't already own a white button down shirt?  I know that's kind of sad!  I found this three  quarter length sleeve one from Forever 21.


I already own 2 pencil skirts (one of which needs taken in quite a few inches so I haven't been able to wear it lately) , so I was looking for a skirt that was a solid color and that could work with a lot of different tops.  I found this one from Forever 21 as well.  It came with this red belt.  I can choose to wear the skirt without the belt if red doesn't go with the top I'm wearing.  But gray can go with most colors, can it not?  I was really trying to buy things that can be worn in many different ways, so it helps with having more options with what to wear!  


I like how this skirt has pockets!!  I noticed myself throughout the day putting my hands in my pockets!  Not too many skirts have that, but I like the fact that this one does!


I also purchased a comfy striped t-shirt from Charlotte Russe and two lacy long sleeve sheer tops, one cream colored and one black.  I bought both a black and white tank to go underneath each.  I've seen girls were these lace tops with just a bra underneath and showing the rest of the skin where the lace doesn't cover, but that's just not for me!  I would not feel comfortable showing that much skin.....

Here's a black and white picture, though I'd give that a try:


What do you think, more black and white?

I also got a few other things that weren't mentioned above, I will be sure to show you girls soon!  I was very pleased with my findings!


Shirt, skirt, and earrings: Forever 21

Shoes: Apt 9

Bag of the Moment: Payless 

18 comments:

STYLE'N said...

adorable outfit and staples pieces are key right? I love black/white/red combination too. Perfect outfit for work and then a nice dinner out :)

Rachel @ The Haute Notes said...

Great outfit! I love the pop of color the red belt adds!

Valerie said...

This outfit is so cute on you! I actually tried that skirt on just a few weeks ago and almost bought it! It looks adorable on you. Hope you're having a great week.

xo
Valerie

Couture said...

I love your outfit! So chic!

Leia said...

Ooh, I love this outfit Tasha! I really like the pop of red in this outfit, too. You look lovely!

♥ Leia

Unknown said...

this is probably the best outfit you've worn here yet! love the red belt with the outfit for a bit of colour. you look very stylish!

Jenmarie said...

I love your outfit! It's perfect! The red belt gives it a lovely pop!

http://www.stylethroughhereyes.com

Jaime @ laviejaime said...

Perfect button down! I got one on sale at JCrew a few weeks ago.

Elaine said...

You look so cute!

clothed much, a modest fashion blog

Nadine2point0 said...

What a great look! and the red belt...beautiful!

Vera said...

i like i like!
these items are definitely very versatile!
pockets are my fave feature on skirts and dresses, hehe :)

Mimi said...

you look great! i love how the red belt adds some spunk to the outfit! :D

<3, Mimi
http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/

Sherin said...

Ooo, I really love the outfit. The skirt seems prettty perfect. I'm on the look out for a similar kind of skirt.
And the effect of the black and white picture is very cool.

C.W. said...

love the outfit!--- you can still wear this in the fall with a great denim jacket and boots :)

Susi said...

Tasha, lovely, I hope everything is going well for you!

I agree, a withe blouse is such a basic and goes with ... huh ... EVERYTHING! :D But I must admit, that I don't have such a nice item in my whole entire closet! o_O

You look absolutely dressy and sophisticated. The pop of red gives the certain something to this look :)

Stay pretty <3

Anonymous said...

Tasha. This is beautiful. I LOVE the black and white one. This is my favorite outfit yet!!!! The shirt is a great choice.

un petit lapin said...

Ah, you look absolutely gorgeous! Loving the hair :)

The skirt with the red belt is super cute. I'm sure you can match it with lots of tops. Skirts with pockets are awesome.

Anonymous said...

I would like to exchange links with your site showstopper22.blogspot.com
Is this possible?

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin