Wednesday, September 08, 2010

FITNESS ROLE MODEL

Hello Girls!  I am back to feeling well!  Thank goodness!  I want to thank all of you for your get well wishes!  They were much appreciated!  You girls are so kind!  
.............................................................................
I'd like to begin a new series of posts, that I hope you girls will enjoy!  I want to start doing posts on certain celebs and their workout routines/diets.  I know, like me, most of you girls, are looking for ways to stay thin and in get in shape.  Believe it or not there are celebs out there that are good examples on how to be healthy and in good shape!  I'd like to incorporate regular posts on those certain celebs into The Hot Spot.  I hope you girls find these posts helpful and informative!

Fashion isn't just about the latest trends and designers, it's also about how you feel/look in these clothes!  
 Hopefully along the way you girls and myself included can really learn some great tips and helpful workout routines!
................................................................................
SARAH CHALKE


To start the series off I'd like to start with a celeb who has really been inspirational to me body wise.  Although, most recognized for her role as Elliot on Scrubs, I recently saw her in the mini-series Maneater based of a book by Gigi Levangie Grazer.  So cute and funny!!  Even better than I expected!  I couldn't help but notice how incredibly in shape she was!!  I did some searching online and found out what she does to stay in such good shape:


Fitness Magazine interviewed her in 2009.  Here's part of that interview:

FITNESS: What's your favorite workout routine today?
Sarah Chalke: I love Xflowsion, a combination of martial arts, yoga, and power dance. There's so much variety that an hour and 15 minutes just flies by and you never get bored. It incorporates a lot of yoga, which improves your flexibility and your strength, and then you get to do boxing. That's my favorite part, because it's such a great release. I feel so much stronger now, and I definitely have lots of energy.


FITNESS: Any other get-fit tricks?
Sarah Chalke: I like to hike with my chocolate Labrador, Lola. If I can't squeeze in a workout any other way, I'll hop on the treadmill at home. Actually, if I need to study lines or get ready for an audition, I find it easier to learn on the treadmill. There's something about movement that helps get everything going.

FITNESS: How do you stay motivated?
Sarah Chalke: I have to mix it up. I can't go to the gym or I get too bored. So I'll hike and do yoga. I also listen to my iPod. My fiance has great taste in music, so he makes mixes for me. Listening to cool new songs keeps me going.

FITNESS: Are you the kind of celebrity who nibbles two celery sticks and calls it dinner?
Sarah Chalke: No! I was raised to eat good-for-you foods, but we often had pie or ice cream for dessert. So that's how I eat now -- I love really, really healthy stuff followed by a really, really naughty dessert, like pumpkin pie. Dark chocolate is my favorite. I sometimes make hot-chocolate soup, which is basically a thick bar of chocolate melted and topped with whipped cream.


FITNESS: What foods are always in your refrigerator?
Sarah Chalke: Eggs, apples, peanut butter, and fresh berries. In my drawer there's dark chocolate, and I have an entire cabinet of different kinds of teas.

FITNESS: Would you eat differently if you weren't in Hollywood?
Sarah Chalke: I would like to say no, but I think the answer is probably yes. There are definitely pressures in this business to look a certain way. I believe you have to try to find a happy medium and put your health first. I don't even own a scale, actually.
To check out her workout moves in more detail, click here.
Moves such as:

Sarah Chalke had her 1st baby in December, although you wouldn't have known based on how her body looks.  Here is a picture from when she participated in the Susan G. Komen Orange County Race for the Cure while she was pregnant in 09.  Look at her cute little baby bump!  She doesn't look like she gained weight any where else besides her belly!
 

I'm definitely going to try some of her fitness movies.   I would love to have toned abs and legs!  I think Sarah Chalke is a great fitness role model, and I hope you think so too!  I love how she has a whole cabinet just for tea!  
Maybe one day I will get to the point where I don't feel it necessary to have a scale in the house.  How about you girls?  Do you own a scale?  Do you feel fit?  Who are your celeb fitness role models??

I have a lot more celebs in mind, and I look forward to sharing them with you!  Have a wonderful day!

Pictures/interview:
www.fitness.com
www.sarah-chalke.com

9 comments:

Cafe Fashionista said...

Ooh, what a fabulous new feature! Sarah does always look fabulously fit! :)

Adele said...

Oh wow great post! Look at her abs! JEALOUS! lol

Adele – http://moltocuriosa.com

Leia said...

Tasha I really love this new feature! I hope it will motivate me to get fit - I never make enough time for exercise!

Leia

Sherin said...

This is a great new feature. Can't wait to see more of them. I'm a huge fan of Sarah Chalke: she was amazing in scrubs. She sounds really inspirational and it's good to see that she's healthy and has a normal fitness/dieting regime.

Unknown said...

I definitely don't have a scale...I feel like it distracts me from the point of living a healthy lifestyle. Often I would feel great and then the scale would have an extra pound or two and it would bring me down for no reason! So frustrating! I definitely try to mix up the workouts like Sarah.

the desert foxx said...

I love eliot! Great post, she got a great body

x

thingsIlove said...

What a great post!

Nadine2point0 said...

Keep 'em coming. I have always thought she was gorgeous and I love to hear that she works at it!

Anonymous said...

I LIKE! Very excited about these posts. She is beautiful!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin