Monday, August 22, 2011

A Hair How To

I was on Lauren Conrad's website the other day, and it is so much fun actually!  She has so many interesting catergories to check out, like yummy foods, what to wear, primping, celebrating, decorate, etc.  A wide range of helpful tips!

I thought the post titled "The Fun Bun" was very useful!  So I thought I would share it with all of you!  A quick and easy look for your hair! 




Follow these steps:

Step 1: If your hair is straight, use a 1″ curling iron to curl everything under. This will make it easier to tuck pieces into the bun. When they’re straight, they tend to pop out more. If you have wave or curl you can skip this step if you want to.

Step 2: Flip your hair over and gather everything into a ponytail on top of you head, securing it with an elastic ponytail holder.

Step 3: On the last time around with the ponytail holder, only pull the ponytail through half way.

Step 4: Take the loop you’ve created and spread it out. Don’t over think it. Just widen it and allow it to be somewhat messy.

Step 5: Take the tail end and wrap it around the ponytail base.

Step 6: Pin the end of the ponytail to the base using a couple of hair pins/bobby pins.

Step 7: Gently pull on pieces and then pin them. This will give your top-knot a slightly more messy texture.

Step 8: Spray a veil of medium hold hairspray all over. Don’t smooth down all of the fly aways, just lightly tuck the pieces that have gone rogue!
...................................................................................................................

I like putting my hair in a bun every now and then!  How about you?  
This is a look I am definitely going to try out!  Will you? 

              For more on this look and other Lauren Conrad goodies click here.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such a cute way to wear your hair love it
www.rawfashionmagazine.com

Mimi said...

i love lauren conrad! i'm gonna check out her website again. :D

<3, Mimi
http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/

K & J said...

Love that it's so detailed. Thanks for sharing :) Kara XOXO

Unknown said...

i love the bun, and i bet even if i did follow the steps i still wouldn't get it right, i am so bad at buns :(


xx

Sherin said...

I like buns as well. They're a fun and easy look. I've been reading Lauren Conrad's 'Style' book and it's so great.

The PvdH Journal said...

Oh it reminds me of Susie Bubble's! I used to do a similar bun a while ago when I still had long hair.. alas it will have to wait a while I can wear it like that again!


PvdH

www.ThePvdHJournal.com

Johanna L. said...

Nice blog! The hairdo looks great, unfortunately my hair isn't long enough for that yet :D Looking forward to your next posts, though. ;)

Jenmarie said...

How cute! I want to try this "Fun Bun" out sometime. The style of the bun reminds me of Princess Leia.

Marie said...

Looks chic and easy.:D

***** Marie *****
allthingsmarie.com

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin