The other day I had a zit show up in-between my eyebrows......
|Even the Barbie we know and love, has zits sometimes|
Thankfully the zit wasn't full on in the center, but a bit off to the side. Either way who wants a zit though, right? What I did to help distract from it a bit was trimmed my side bangs so they would kind of swoop right over it. Normally I wouldn't share stories of zits with but it made me think that I'm sure other girls have beauty secrets or tricks they use/do to conceal zits or other blemishes or beauty woes. So I thought it might be an interesting discussion and maybe helpful to some to bring the topic up.
So don't grab the brown bag quite yet!
Besides covering a zit with bangs. What other tips/tricks do you have for any beauty woes?
- Another tip I've not used but have seen them do on the today show, is when your roots are coming in and you don't have time that morning to take care of them, apply mascara to the roots in a shade that matches the rest of your hair. I've seen it actually work well.
- I've heard toothpaste applied to a zit helps reduce inflammation.
Other interesting tips I found online:
(Not sure what all works)
- For an instant puff reducer dip a spoon in ice cold water and press the back against your under eye area, cheeks, chin, anywhere you want to reduce the bloated look. -- Diane Irons
- Biggest eyebrow mistake: making them too thin or too dark. To fix that: Choose a powder brush color in a shade or two lighter than your hair for a look that is softer and more natural. Top it with a brow wax to keep them neat and in place. -- Valerie Sarnelle
- If your skin is sensitive or just looking irritated and puffy for some reason, steep a bag of green tea for a minute or two, let it cool down, and dab it over your face. The antioxidants in the tea take down inflammation
- Streaky self-tan? a little baking soda and a loofah can scrub those streaks away! (I've also heard lemon juice helps with this as well)
Well, those are just some random tricks I found online, and I'm not sure what all works, except what I did to cover a zit (besides makeup), and the mascara touch up on the roots, which I've seen work.
What works for your beauty woes?
And try to remember you're still beautiful, each and every one of you, no matter what beauty problem you may face!